Medications for type 2 diabetes and hypertension
Diabetes Mellitus and Type 2 Diabetes: Diagnosis \u0026 Management – Family Medicine - Lecturio
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Rövid összefoglaló This study examines a brief physician counseling intervention to improved medication knowledge and compliance in family medicine patients who have diabetes, hypertension or high cholesterol.
Részletes leírás This study examined a brief intervention to improve medication knowledge and compliance in family medicine patients.
The study was conducted in a network of six family medicine residency programs in South Texas, funded by a grant from the Health Research Services Administration. Self-reports of compliance were validated with a social desirability scale, and with physician impressions.
- [PDF] A nátrium-glükóz-kotranszportergátlók a diabetes mellitus kezelésén túl | Semantic Scholar
- Az angiotenzinreceptor-blokkoló telmisartan kardiometabolikus hatásai | Semantic Scholar
- [Our metabolic surgical activity, ]
- Study uncovers why COVID is more deadly fo | EurekAlert!
- Alapvető kezelések és módszerek a megelőzés és a cukorbetegség kezelésében
- Az 1-es típusú cukorbetegség kezelésének legújabb fejleményei
- Institute of endocrinology cukorbetegség kezelésében
- It found that type 2 diabetes is associated with a higher risk of mortality in hospitalised COVID patients than type 1 diabetes.
Six and twelve weeks post-enrollment, interviewers administered followup surveys by telephone to assess change over time in medication knowledge and compliance. One year post-enrollment, investigators conducted a chart review to examine changes in health outcomes: blood pressure or HbA1c or cholesterol levels, and number of hospitalizations.
Three physicians per clinic site 18 total conducted medication interventions for the purpose of this study. This intervention was brief behavior change counseling done in the context of a routine office visit, guided by simple strategies outlined in Rollnick et al We selected a simple strategy from Rollnick et al.
Afterward, physicians offered pillboxes to patients who desired them, and reviewed potential adverse reactions to medicines. One week after the intervention, physicians telephoned patients to reinforce behavior change and to answer questions about the medications.
Prior to training physicians to conduct this intervention, we enrolled five subjects per physician into a control group. After training, enrollees' charts were flagged so that physicians knew to conduct the intervention.
We sought five patients per physician to receive the intervention. Átfogó állapot.
- Célkezelés és cukorbetegség
- SUMMARY Metabolic syndrome is made up of a cluster of conditions including obesity, impaired insulin sensitivity, hypertension, and altered lipid profile.